Do you want to join to the evolution of potatoes at the interface of research and product development? Aardevo offers a unique opportunity for an experienced agronomist in the agronomy team, who makes an essential contribution to the growing hybrid potato breeding program!
What are you going to do?
In the position of agronomist you will lead the development and expansion of Aardevo’s field trial network in the Netherlands and other EU countries. You will be the point of contact for these Aardevo activities and responsible for communicating strategies for trial improvement to involved stakeholders in the field trial process. This role also involves the management of trial seed and material logistics, communication with trial site managers, and trial inspections thoughout the year. You will be integral to protocol development, improvement, and management. This role is important for developing informative conclusions from trials on this exciting new crop.
- An exciting job at the interface of research and product development in a growing enterprise
- Lots of room for personal growth within an international team
- A good salary package, including an attractive commuting allowance
You are enthusiastic, passionate and have excellent communication skills. You are eager to learn, and working on an innovative breeding concept triggers your creativity. You are a pragmatic team player with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- MSc or PhD in the field of agronomy or crop science (or related fields)
- Proven expertise in crop management practices preferable the potato crop
- Well organized and practical experience in designing and managing field trials and comparing different management practices
- Solid knowledge in data management and statistical analysis
- Proven record keeping, data management and reporting expertise
- Professional communication in English; Dutch would be an asset
- Dutch or European Drivers license
- Willingness and ability to occasionally travel (ca. 20 %)
Location: Nagele, Netherlands
Recruiting for this position is handled by Nomillk2day, please visit: Agronomist