Do you want to join the evolution of potatoes at the interface of research and product development? Aardevo offers a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic and practical breeder to make an essential contribution to our growing hybrid potato breeding program!
What are you going to do
Initially you will be trained and involved in the core activities of the population improvement pipeline. Over time you will take over responsibility for part of the breeding program within a particular market segment.
We are seeking at the earliest opportunity a person to join our dynamic breeding team in Nagele, The Netherlands on a full-time and permanent basis.
These will be your key tasks and areas of responsibility:
- You take responsibility in planning and setting up trials in the field and greenhouse.
- You travel to trial locations to evaluate material and collect observations.
- You process and analyse breeding data, and lead selection decisions for germplasm advancement into product development.
- You will supervise a breeding assistant.
- You will work in an international team and closely interact with breeders, breeding assistants, research scientists, and agronomists.
- You will report to the Senior Potato Breeder.
Start your future with us! What we offer to help you grow:
- We are a young and collegial team made up of 16 employees in the Netherlands and several employees in the USA.
- As a Breeder you will have the chance to contribute to the strategic development of the hybrid potato breeding program by bringing in your own ideas and experiences.
- Over time you will take full responsibility for part of the breeding program.
- You will have access to state-of-the-art breeding technologies.
- Lots of room for professional and personal development within an international team
- A good salary package including an attractive commuting allowance
Bring in your strengths:
You enjoy walking the fields just as analysing data. You are eager to learn, and working on an innovative breeding concept triggers your creativity. You are a pragmatic team player with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- MSc or PhD in plant breeding, genetics, or related field.
- Practical and hands-on experience in breeding preferred.
- A thorough understanding of breeding methods and breeding technology applications.
- Experience in design and analysis of field and greenhouse experiments.
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills.
- An analytical mind and passion for developing solutions, solving problems with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Highly independent, pro-active, and results driven.
- Professional communication in English; Dutch would be an asset.
- Willingness and ability to travel to visit testing locations.
Have you already become just as excited about working on hybrid potato as we are please visit this vacancy at Nomillk2day, who handles recruitment for us